Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dirty Water TV...WTF?

Saturday night, a little after midnight I found myself flipping somewhat aimlessly around the channels. I was not looking for anything per se, I just wanted something somewhat enjoyable which I could watch for a half hour or so before going to bed.

With my DirecTV, I purchased the regional sports package which I thought would be a way to circumvent having to buy the MLB package and also give me the ability to watch Celtics games as both CSNNE and NESN come with it. Well, that plan failed as those channels come in 100% of the time except of course when regular season MLB, NBA, or NHL games are on. They want you to buy the all-inclusive Extra Innings or League Pass or whatever instead of just paying an extra $10 month.

Anyway, back to Saturday night a little after midnight and me flipping the channels.

In my travels, I headed over to NESN to see if maybe I could catch a little bit of a late Sports Desk or something like that. No luck. What was on however was something called "Dirty Water TV". I had no idea what to expect but decided to give it a try for this exact reason.

What I found was nothing less than a relevation. Granted I only watched for about five minutes, but I saw enough to see some of the most awesomely ridiculous Boston programming I have ever seen. The segment I saw consisted of a girl probably in her early twenties and definitely from Peabody or Revere interviewing people in bars. The girl's questions were not what got my attention however, it was the girl.

A description:

First off she had a ridiculously thick accent. I thought most TV shows wanted their on-air "talent" to at least be somewhat regional dialect neutral. No problem for Dirty Water TV. But man oh man, the accent was only the beginning. This girl, had a ludicrous fake tan, bleached blonde hair with visible brown roots, and carried herself in the interview like a college co-ed trying to get the BMOC to take her home for a romp in the sack. Oh, and I think she was chewing gum at the time too. In all honesty it looked more like a SNL skit than an actual "real" TV program. Maybe it was the Bud Lites in me that added to my amusement but I really don't think so.

So, would I suggest Dirty Water TV? Why not. It's certainly not good, but it is just bad enough to be entertaining albeit in probably short doses.

No comments: