Friday, October 31, 2008

I think I might be Ill


SI.com posted the first of what I imagine will be many stories about the Baseball Hot Stove that is jsut now heating up. I know it is only a first draft, I still read it and try and see who they say the Sox will pick up. This year there are only three names and they are all very familiar.

Coming in as the 6th best Free Agent

Derek Lowe- Seriously, I am not joking, SI thinks that he is perfect to come to Boston, we will skip by the fact that he is 35 and has maybe the thinnest skin every. This move would make me ill on the puke scale it is three out of five


Coming in as the 40th best Free Agent


Kevin Millar - If Ben didnt have a kid and actually wrote on the site anymore he would go ballastic. He spent most of 2005 explaining to me that he wanted to beat Kevin Millar with a Sock full of Oranges. I put this as a 5 out of 5 on the puke scale.


Coming in as the 50th best Free Agent


Jason Varitek - You had to see this coming, I would imagine he will be back, I will only be concerned for how long and how much he will be playing. On the puke scale I would put this as 2 out of 5.


Overal not an impressive group they have us getting. It does not address our lack of hitting out of the catchers position, it does not strengthen our bullpen and it does not add the bat we desperately need to replace Manny Ramirez.


No comments: