Friday, October 17, 2008

The More things Change

It has been awhile since my words appeared on RootbeerandBacon, a lot has been going on in my life and in the world of sports and it has kept me from my appointed task of being the second most prolific writer on this website behind Neil. I would love to guarantee you all that I will be posting daily again but that is a promise I will not make, I will say I will try a lot harder, and will most likely be making my posts shorter. A Quality of Quantity kind of thing. Anyway…..

As you all saw last night the Red Sox came back from the dead against the Rays, it takes a special kind of team to come back from 7 down with 7 outs to go. Do I think this means that they win the whole thing again? Yeah I think it does, I will be the Red Sox goober that I know I am down in my soul and say I do think they will.

Back in 2004 I was an out of work, single guy, who slept till noon and stayed up for every post season game and lived at his parents’ house I was 22 years old. In 2008 I am a fairly successful Analyst for a middle of the road insurance company, I am engaged, who slept in until almost 6 AM this morning, and I still live at my parents house. I guess the point I am making is the more things change the more they stay the same.

Damon, Millar, Pedro, Manny, Mueller, Bellhorn, Kapler, Reese, Nomar, Trot, Mirabelli, Orlando, Foulke, Leskanic, Williamson, Embree, Lowe, Arroyo, Mike Myers, Mendoza, etc are all gone. They might not Cowboy up, or be idiots, but after over 24 innings of doing absolutely nothing the 2008 Red Sox came back and actually looked like they wanted defend there Championship from 2007. Tune in on Saturday it could be Special.

No comments: