Thursday, November 13, 2008

While Watchin the Pats Game....

OK, I'll admit it. I just logged on to blog about my longstanding hatred towards Ben Watson. Has anybody had more key drops or fumbles over the past few years? Of course, upon my login Watson caught a TD pass to bring the Pats into the game, but still. Are we supposed to pretend like that early unforced fumble never happened? Sheesh.

Some other thoughts...

1) I'm pretty sure that the Jets would be doing roughly as well this year with either Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens at the helm. Brett Favre gets props because he is Brett Favre, but what has he done that makes you call him a difference maker to date?

2) Remember Dave Meggett? With the success of guys like Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, and even Reggie Bush, wouldn't Meggett be the perfect guy for these times? It seems like this is the era of the undersized third down back.

3) I don't want to jinx it because I'm blogging while watching, but the Patriots tackling tonight has been better than it has been all year.

4) Jerod Mayo, thank you for making me look smart on national television. I think I was the first person on the Jerod Mayo will win the 2008 Defensive Rookie of the Year bandwagon.

5) Give Cassell his props. His scrambling is an absolute attribute to the team and something they have never had. On the flip side, he missed Randy Moss twice in the first half on what could have been a couple of touchdowns.
*And now he just over-threw Randy Moss in the third quarter for a walk-in touchdown. F. That could end up costing them the game. It's like the exact opposite of what happened with Gaffney in Indy.

6) I am going to the Skins-Cowboys Sunday Night game this week. Let me just tell you that that rivalry is bigger here today than Sox-Yanks is currently in Boston. Admittedly, the Sox-Yanks rivalry has cooled recently on account of the proliferation and commercialization of it - meaning that there are way too many bandwagon fans on the Boston side to keep the legitimate passion where it once was - but the Skins and Cowboys is the truth.

When the Skins upset the Cowboys in Dallas earlier this year, nearly the entire city draped themselves in Redskins jerseys that Monday. Except for the Dallas fans of course. And let me tell you, there are a ton of Dallas fans around here.

I don't want to get too racial or political here but if you've never lived in DC for a prolonged period you would not know how many Cowboys fans there are here. All of them local. So how does race play into this? Again, I don't want to get long-winded but imagine if for some reason all of the Irish in Boston liked the Red Sox and all of the Italians liked the Yankees. Things may get a bit more heated than usual right?

I'll leave it at that.

7) My boy Nick Swisher has wound up in New York and the Yankees gave up next to nothing for him. Typical deal for them circa 1999. Mark my words that Swisher will hit 35 homers, drive in 100 and score 100.

8) Ticky-tack freakin' holding penalty on Vrabel. Did the Jets just turn into the Colts or something? I thought they were the only team in the NFL that could get cheap-ass penalties like that called in their favor.

9) How awesome would it be if Paul Pierce were able to get himself an MVP trophy this year. There is still a LONG way to go but the guy's gotta have a pretty darn good puncher's chance.

10) Another frustrating as S-H-I-T loss for the Patriots. That GD phantom call on Vrabel. I didn't think I would get this pissed about the Patriots this year. Obviously I was wrong.

11) So the above was all written during regulation. C*ck-F**king-sucker. The Patriots have now lost two of their last three and should have won both of their losses. Very frustrating. Granted I think we all knew the game was over once Brandon Merriweather and Jerod Mayo decided to leave that Jets TE wide open on the 3rd and 15 play in OT. Ugh. Just like after the Colts loss. Ugh. Words really can't describe how annoyed and angry I am right now.

No comments: