Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Manny Sucks

I will be the first to admit that the last three weeks have been hazy for me at best. I have been waiting for, then watching my wife give birth to our first child, so for the first time in my adult life there is something more important that sports. However, am I the only one who thinks that Red Sox nation is cutting Manny waaaaaay too much slack?

Sure, he is hitting very well and has helped make Papi's absence easier to swallow. But, in the span of a little over a month he has punched a teammate in the dugout and shoved the traveling secretary to the ground. Its beginning to look to me that Manny is a punk bitch. But, because he is "Manny" the nation appears to be brushing it off.

In regards to his assault on Youk, I can see where some people might give him a pass. However, it is funny to hear how many people called in to EEI and blamed Youk for getting punched in the mouth. I guess he should have moved his mouth out of Manny's fists way....Regardless, I can understand why he was not suspended and the team wanted to just forget about it. Tempers flair every now and then, and as long as it is squashed then forget about it.

But, and this is a huge but, the other day he pushed a 65 year old man to the ground because he could not get Manny the amount of tickets to the game that Manny wanted? Are you kidding me? You make 20 million dollars a year, asshole. Go to the ticket window and buy as many as you want. If it is sold out, send one of the attendants out to the street to get them from a scalper or off stubhub. Don't beat up an old man, because you didn't get your way.

What is worse is that the Red Sox appear to be afraid to upset their star slugger, so they simply say that discipline will happen internally. Bullshit! Put is ass on a plane and send him home without pay for a week. Anything else is unacceptable.

The baby is crying, so I am out....

B-

No comments: