Thursday, July 24, 2008

More on Manny...

I hate to keep harping on the thing but the more time passes, the more convinced I become that Manny will be traded. I still say the Diamondbacks make the most sense.

Would the team be better without Manny? Probably not, but if they could find an at least suitable replacement option for him - basically anybody that would give them more than Coco Crisp or Brandon Moss - then I think the trigger will be pulled. Of course I'd rather Manny stick around, but right now between the John Henry bashing and the all of a sudden sore knee it seems as if he is doing everything in his power to tick off his bosses and force his way out of town. I'm probably over-stating things some here, but when you consider that right now it seems like this will be his last year in Boston, it all of a sudden makes a whole lot of sense to at least gauge the market for him. Especially when the most likely and best case scenario trading partner, the Diamondbacks is a team run by Theo's old assistant GM. I'm just sayin' you know...

No comments: