Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stuff it Hank


Just a reminder that Ben and I will be attending the First Red Sox Vs. Yankees game on April 11th. I have included this picture of our tickets as proof, and because I want to share the excitement I have from getting them in the mail yesterday.

I also wanted to write after jackass Hank Steinbrenner opened his blow hole yesterday. His quote if you haven't heard it yet is "Red Sox Nation? That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans. Go anywhere in America and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order." I am a proud member of Red Sox nation and while I don't particularly like some of the stupid promotions that have resulted from them formalizing Red Sox nation with membership card, to allowing Jerry Remy become the president of Red Sox Nation.

Hank needs to stuff it up his ass. Last time I checked the Yankees haven't won a World Series this Century, and are at best the second best team in the AL East, and have barely any shot at the wild card this year. They don't spend their money wisely, I would love for someone to explain to me what made Roger Clemens worth 18 million last season, they paid two of their oldest players Jorge and Mariano way to much money as they enter the downside of their careers. They would have been better off putting Joba in the closer role and letting Mariano go. Is anyone scared of him anymore? When I think of a truly dominant clutch closer I think of Paps and I would say people outside of this part of the company would agree.

With that I sign off for now.

No comments: