Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year

So it has been awhile since I have posted, my normal mundane job has been jam packed with work the past few weeks, this along with me being ill I have not found the time to add my little bits of wisdom to R&B lately. Since it is Friday and I have cleared off my desk I thought I would get a post out now.

I was really hoping that I could find a famous athlete who was born on 2/29 to write about but after a little googling I was disappointed to find that there were none so instead I choose to list some of the mosre interesting famous people who were born on 2/29.

2/29/1980 - Taylor Twellman: everyone knows that he plays for the Buffalo Bills of the MLS the New England Revolution.

2/29/1976 - Ja Rule: He is listed as an actor and a rapper. I will not deny that he is a rapper but I don't think that appearing in such classics as Fast and the Furious, and Scary Movie 3 make you an actor. Although I am sure some of my rapper loving colleagues will disagree.

2/29/1972 - Pedro Zamora: You most likely would recognize him as Pedro from Real World San Francisco aka the season with Puck. Once in a book store I saw Pedro and Me: Friendship, Loss and What I Learned by Judd one of his housemates I convinced my Fiance to buy it, she was surprised to open it and find out it was a comic book.

2/29/1916 - Dinah Shore: Best remembered for the line about her in the Adam Sandler Classic "The Chaunakah Song", "David Lee Roth lights the menorah. So do James Caan, Kirk Douglas, and the late Dinah Shore-ah"

That pretty much finishes up the list unless you could Pope Paul III(born 2/29/1468), I guess you should because he is most famous for opening the Council of Trent and for having an illegitimate child who went on to become a Duke.

That's enough of the Leap Year Stuff. I am happy to report that One week from today I will be traveling to Port Charlotte to visit my future in laws. While there I will be attending a Red Sox Spring Training game against the Mets, and hopefully another game or two since there are 8 Spring Training Sites within an hour of their house. I will of course be bringing my lap top and will have a full report and pictures for you our loyal readers.

No comments: