Friday, February 8, 2008

From Curt to Cartman?

I will quickly chime in on the Schillling situation.

In short, I agree with the general RBB stance on the Schilling injury. Clearly it is in the team's best interest to have Bucholz and Lester out there taking their occasional lumps in development than having Schilling go. Sure, Schill could probably beat the bad teams on a somewhat consistent basis, but he would be glorified BP for the heavy lifters of the AL and quite frankly I'd rather have the young guys out there learning how to beat established lineups than an old guy out there praying for the miracle DP every inning to minimize his damages.

I guess on the other hand if I signed the paychecks for the Sox I'd be a little pissed. Of course I don't do that. So I'm not. Once again folks, remember that Joel Piniero was paid $4.5M by the Sox last year.

One thing does worry me though and that is Schilling and his weight. How many pounds is this guy going to throw on in the next 5-6 months now that he won't be playing? How many ridiculous and obnoxious comments will he make out of boredom? These are the things that worry me because something tells me come June Curt Schilling is going to be a mix of Eric Cartman when he played "World of War Craft" for 1 month straight and a Rush Limbaugh/Ann Coulter love child. Now that could get ugly.

No comments: