Sunday, February 3, 2008

18-1

It is hard to write this, it has been a long time since I have felt the pain of loss with my beloved teams. The Sox of course won four straight to end their season against the Rockies. Then of course the Patriots who until tonight had not lost since the end of the preseason. It was one tough game to watch and an even tougher ending to bear but I do have some thoughts that I want to share about the game.

1. The Giants owned Matt Light, Usi found his way past him almost everytime and when he didnt he still got into Lights head and Light ended up jumping early and getting called for a False Start several times. I know that Strahan is getting old, but Usi and Tuck are scary.


2. Tom Brady was not one hundred percent and for once I feel that I can legitmately question Bill's game plan. How is it that they can dink and dunk past the Chargers, can have there only successful drive of the second half by dinking and dunking, why did they not do this all day long. It was obvious early on that Moss and Brady were not going to be connecting on the deep ball tonight.

3. It is great to watch a superbowl in HD, even if your team loses and 3 quarters of the game were just plain awful to watch.

4. The Patriots will be back next year, they may not go 16-0 again but they will be back, younger, stronger and smarter.

5. Pitchers and Catchers report in 10 days. I will be writing some posts about some of the Red Sox younger players :Jacoby, Lester, Bucholz, etc... Mostly because I love prospects and also to keep my minds off the Patriots

So that is all I have for now, can someone please make sure that Ben is ok.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nick, Nick, Nick.... Did you really think the Ghost of the '72 Dolphins was going to allow another undefeated season? I think not man! I like the points you made... they OWNED Light! And everytime they got to pretty boy Brady, that got into HIS head... He was worried.... Bill's game plan had a lot to be desired, but that's not surprising to me, coming from a dude as cocky as he is!

You know I'm yanking your chain!

Much Love from South Florida~

Anth's friend Jen.... Lou has no idea (yet) I left a comment for you!