Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tito and Some RBB Gossip

You really can't knock the Francona extension can you? It took me a little while to come around on the guy - like most people I think - but now I am 150% sold on him and really could not think of a guy I would rather have managing the Sox. Talking baseball managers really isn't that fun or exciting so I think I'll just stop now so you don't fall asleep at your desk and get yourself fired.

As for the conversation re: Francona between Ben and I which he alluded to in his blog...I have no idea if it happened or not. After a few beers I'm liable to go off on any number of tangents regarding the Sox so I put nothing past myself. If you ever hear me making arguments about Craig Hansen being an untouchable prospect or Doug Mirabelli as an indespensible part of the team, please start feeding me waters and call me a cab. And then you can kick me in the nuts. Scratch that last sentence.

Now I want to give you some RBB insider gossip....

As you may have noticed, in an effort to clean up the front page of the blog a few weeks ago, Mike put in a default HTML setting for us writers which allows us to put a link in our posts after a paragraph or two which brings the reader to the full post. We did this so that you did not need to scroll through entire marathon posts made by windbags like me to get to the posts that follow. Not only this, but it allows you to scan content much quicker, and if a bunch of posts are published around the same time, the most recent one does not take precedent over or dominate the ones below it.

Anyway, Mike set it up so all you need to do is work around the HTML code in your posts and the bottom line is is that it's very easy to make things conform. Nick, Mike, and I have embraced this change wholeheartedly. Ben however has not.

You see, it seems that Ben gets into some sort of ouf body trance state as he steps to the keyboard to blog that does not allow for him to proofread, spell-check, or you guessed it, put in the HTML page break code while blogging. We brought up to Ben the simplicity of enacting this feature and his response I think was, "No way, I'm too in the zone and I will not embrace anything that will potentially disrupt my thoughts as I start spewing them out like the ejaculate from my member that crusted together the pages of the Sears catalog I beat off to last week."

That's it. You guys should be thankful to be able to read a blogger that dedicated and intense. And you should also be thankful to have that awful visual in your head. Re-read that last paragraph if you need to. Go ahead. If you need me, I'll be making like Borat in front of Victoria's Secret by the makeup counter at Kohl's.

No comments: