Monday, April 21, 2008

John Marzano RIP

Sad, sad news here regarding one of the quintessential fringe Red Sox from late 1980's and early 1990's. Maybe it was my age at the time they were playing but I can rattle off a number of these guys without blinking and now one has passed. I think the others in this group would have to be Danny Heap, Kevin Romine, Randy Kutcher, The Big Q Carlos Quintana (also dead I think?), and of course the great Nick Esasky whose 1989 season has to go down as the most surprising great season of my lifetime. Anyway, good times whenever you bring up those late 80's/early 90's Sox teams, but very sad times when you hear of a passing.

Any other names I should throw out there? I'd say Jody Reed and Billy Hatcher too but they were too good I think. Ditto that for Tom Brunansky. And no, I will not give any love to two time All Star, Scott Cooper.

No comments: