Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'll Defer to Paul Pierce for Analysis

According to him, God was the reason for the comeback. Can't argue with that? It reminds me of one of my all time favorite lines from my all time favorite comedy series, Strangers With Candy:

"Dear God, thank you for giving this game your undivided attention".

Seriously, I can't analyze this game. Are you serious?? The Celtics just overcame a 24 point deficit on the road to win an NBA Finals game and push the series to 3-1. How can I possibly be rational? How can I say anything even remotely negative? I love everybody!! Posey and Ray Allen hit every single clutch shot they needed to, Pierce got to the rim and the line at the end of the game, and even KG hit a huge post bucket late. What isn't there to like???

Because I can't analyze, I'll tell you the god's honest truth about how I watched this game.

I watched the first 8 minutes of the game and then shut it off (as documented earlier) so as to preserve my sanity with the idea that I'd tune back in later and be pleasantly surprised. I dicked around my apartment for a while, let a buddy of mine vent to me for a half hour about his fantasy baseball team, and then talked to my wife upon her return from a night of drinks and the SATC movie (obviously some incredibly complex and world altering topics were discussed). By the time she was in bed, I was able to catch the end of the third and the fourth quarters and just like that my wish was fulfilled and events turned out far better than my wildest dreams.

Oh, and don't call me a bitch for turning the game off. I had to do it for my sanity. I watch all these games by myself with nobody to talk me down from the ledge so when things are looking as bleak as they were in the first quarter I NEED to take a break. My body can't handle it. You don't understand how vested in these games I get. Sometimes the timeout corner is the best thing for everybody.

Who cares about me though, the Celtics are one win away from the NBA Championship. For the 192nd time tonight, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

PS...Ray Allen I officially love you. The Finals is 4 games old and you have been the most consistent player (on both ends!!)from either team. God bless you and your ability to drive the lane and finish. Seriously, I cannot say enough about how good you are at finishing around the rim.

No comments: