Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sorry for the Delay


So it has been well over a week since I have written, to say that I have been busy would be an understatement. My Fiancé and I are moving at the end of the month so we have started to pack up all of our belongings so that we can prepare to move them into storage, also my wedding is like 6 months away so we had to send out some save the date cards, and meet with a florist(kill me now), and I have had some of the worst allergies know to man to the point that I thought that I was dying but thanks to the joys of prescription drugs I am doing much better now. I thought since it had been awhile and a lot has happened I would just do a traditional notes column.

- What is up with the Boston Red Sox I have said it before and I will continue to say it they are not consistent and they can't win on the road. The Celtics couldn't either and are still preparing to play the Lakers in the Finals so for now I will be ok with it, but if this keeps up we could have a problem.

- I know that they have lost two games in a row to the Sox but how nasty are the Tampa Bay Rays? They have had the worst record in the league 9 of the last 10 years and have ended up with some pretty sweet picks. Now granted the Pirates have been almost as bad they have just made some awful picks because they are so cheap. Back to the Rays though for the longest time it was Carl Crawford, Scott Kazmir(who they STOLE from the Mets), and a bunch of other guys. Now those other guys are former first round picks like Evan Longoria, and BJ Upton, they turned Delmon Young into Matt Garza who I think will be great.

- There is one disappointment about the Rays drafts and that is former number one pick Josh Hamilton who was there number one pick back in 1999. I had read about him a couple years ago and saw him on the Real Estate Pros and you couldn't help but root for him and I can't wait for the day when he writes a book. Recently there was an article about how he still doesn't hang out with his teammates on the road and stays to himself to make sure that there is no chance of him relapsing. It is an inspiring story to say the least and you can't help but root for him.

- Does anyone out there remember Scoonie Penn? Back when I was in middle school and he was still playing at BC I managed to somehow get through the BC media people and talk to him on the phone with my friend Tyler it was pretty cool. Anyway he is playing for Efes Pilsen SK now not sure where that is but good for him he was never going to make it in the NBA. Here is an interview from a couple of years ago he did http://hoopshype.com/interviews/penn_sierra.htm

- I have decided to ignore all off field problems for the patriots I only care about who makes the team and how they all play other than that I am staying out of it.

- I am pumped about the Celtics playing tonight, I am not pumped that they game won't even start till 9:15 PM. I will of course watch it but it is going to be a killer for my productivity at work. Also the TV coverage around here is going to drive me crazy I don't need the idiot from the channel four morning show at the garden at 6:30 this morning to tell me it is pretty empty except for a group of illegal immigrants they have putting white t-shirts on every seat.

- I am on a role with my baseball predictions. There is a pool here at work that I play every week, in the last three weeks I have pick 30 of 44 games, I won the pool once, came in second on the tiebreaker, and then came in second this past week losing out by one game. I will blame that one game on the Dodgers who got shut down by the hapless Rockies. Or maybe on the fact that I liked Roy Oswalt against Pittsburgh on the road even though he has been close to awful this season.

- I read a rumor on Boston.com a couple of days ago that Barry Bonds would be the perfect fit for the Red Sox now that Papi is out at least a month maybe for the season. It is hard to argue with the logic and part of me would like to see the Mr. Steroid himself come to Fenway just like my Video games in the early 2000's. Also I would like to see him interact with this team. This is one of the most cohesive teams in Baseball, his holier than though attitude would not play well with the clubhouse leaders and might lead to a new side of Barry Bonds. For now the jury is still out but we will see.

So finally I purchased the Wii Fit this past weekend, the thing is great, especially the aerobics where it knows you want to watch something else and tells you to change the channel and then has the remote let you know when you need to turn back. I got to watch 2 innings of the sox last night while working out. I still plan on purchasing either the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3 after I move though. I don't mind moving for things like Wii Fit or Mario but Madden is a religious experience for me and I can't have a remote that is so finicky. That's all for now, I hope you enjoy the picture of Scoonie.

No comments: