Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some News and Notes

I just want to start by pointing out that Rootbeerandbacon.com posted that Jim Rice was a Hall of Famer 13 minutes before it was officially announced. That is all I have to say about that. So it has been awhile since I posted notes so here we go.

- Smoltz, Penny, Saito, Bard, no big names like Teixiera, but they seem to be getting better. The rotation is getting a little full at this point but that is never a bad thing, its better to be overstocked, instead of having David Pauley pitching down the stretch.

- Worst part about Jim Rice getting into the hall of fame. I was at work yesterday when the announcement was made, so I go to the hall of fame website and click on the link so that I can watch it live. These two goobers come up on the screen, it is obvious why they are only on mlb.com and not on TV. So when the time comes they kick it over to the all new MLB TV channel, where Hazel Mae introduces the president of the Hall of Fame. HAZEL FRICKEN MAE, I thought that I would never have to see her again, instead there is her ugly mug congratulating Jim Rice for getting into the hall of fame.

- The Celtics seem to have snapped there skid a little with a two game win streak. They are not going to be breaking any records with this team but if they can get a veteran or two they are going to be battling Cleveland in the Eastern Conference Finals.

- The Patriots have lost another assistant. Josh McDaniel was good but you know that the Coach has a plan, they might go with out a coordinator or they may have a coach that we never heard about waiting in the wings. I wish him luck in Denver and I hope that they lose everytime the patriots face them.

Thats all I got for now.And here is the rest of it.

No comments: