Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some quick notes for Thursday

So I am super busy at work but I thought I would take a quick break and make some notes about todays news. Also thought I would include some links so you could read what I am reading. I also want to let you all know that I am lucky to be alive today. Last night my wife made me drive to North Reading to some sketchy house where the messiest lady alive sold us a bedroom set that as of not does not fit up our stairs at our new house. Anyway onto the links.

- I mentioned this a several months ago but Yi Jianlian is still in the top ten for all star voting. Seriously. Mark Spears wrote about Yi on Boston.com, and while I like the article I hate writers who act like we are all idiots. I quote Spears "With each weekly update of the NBA All-Star balloting, Celtics fans may be asking themselves one question: Who is Yi Jianlian?" Really Spears who is Yi Jianlian? As I recall the Celtics almost drafted him and he was the focus of about 300 stories from the time they lost the lottery till the draft that all said that he would be suiting up for the Celtics. I digress though, take a minute and go to NBA.com and vote for Kevin Garnett. Make sure that a middle of the road Chinese player is not worthy of the All Star team just because he comes from a company with 1.3 billion people.

- I have a google watch on Lars Anderson and this story came up. He is going to be our first baseman in the future. It is the first time in a long time that a legitimate power threat has come up through our system at a power position. Youk may have worked out well and has some decent power but Anderson is a true power threat. Look for him sometime in 2010

- Mike Reiss seems to think that things are going to work out well with Pioli's replacement, Nick Caserio, I am going to have to agree for now. Lets see how his first draft goes, the Patriots are possibly going to have 5 first day picks so it should be interesting to see if they can get younger and hit more than they have missed in the past few years.

So that is all I have for now I have work to do looking at the quality of our New York Auto Business exiciting I know.

No comments: